Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Challenge of the Closet

Since I have been blogging for almost a year now I thought that I would take the time to reflect on how planning outfits, assessing the clothes in my closet/drawers, and browsing Pinterest/other blogs has really challenged me to create so much more than I could have ever managed. I racked my brain and created so many outfits that I never thought would work or were even possible with most of the clothes that I already had in my possession. This past winter was especially challenging due to the shear amount of frigid days forcing my brain to hurt with creativeness. I think I did a pretty decent job and I'd pat myself on the shoulder if it didn't look too crazy! Now most of this outfit is a repeat from Christmas except for the fact that I must wear dress pants to work instead of jeans. Green polka dot sweatshirt from F21 and brown pants from Kohl's.
This was a complete outfit throw together. Literally, I had no outfits picked out and stood in front of my closet at a complete loss. Since I spend so much time browsing Pinterest and reading other blogs I do have a lot of outfit ideas swarming in this head of mine in case of a freak outfit blank kind of moment. This was one of them and I was lucky to just pull pieces out that worked with one another. I've seen denim/chambray and mint together everywhere so I knew that it was a sure fire way to make a decent outfit. Black pants and the pearl necklace where easy completer pieces! Black pants and mint cardigan from Old Navy and denim shirt from work!
I have had this skirt since I was 16. I actually got this as a present from my 16th birthday party which is from Abercrombie. I'm pretty sure that I am more proud of myself for still fitting into the skirt more than holding onto to it for that long. And then my new tan sweater from Old Navy.
I went pretty basic for today but had to go a little festive in lieu of Valentine's Day. We know I love me a good holiday to dress for so why wouldn't I want to be cute and wear pink. This is the twin look to what I wore for breast cancer awareness month but with black pants instead of a black skirt. Pink cardigan from Gap, black pants from Old Navy and infinity scarf from Charlotte Rousse. And here is my pretty new Michael Kors watch that was gifted for V-day!
This was also a confused outfit day so I had to resort to mom's closet for the sweater. Black skirt from F21, black tie front tank from Old Navy, and leopard cardigan from Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment