Saturday, April 20, 2013

Skirt Saturday Edition 1

For some reason the past two days have just flown by like crazy. Work has been super crazy and wish that people only bought clothes during the week but since that's never going to happen today and tomorrow are some of the busiest days that we have. I was ready for bed by like 3 this afternoon. On a lighter note, yesterday was pay day and my federal tax refund cleared so my bank account was doing super happy jumps for Lauren yesterday. I'm practically forcing myself to not spend too much which is seriously one of the hardest things in the world for grown-up me to control. I really like my clothes. So if you guys remember from last week I told you I wear a skirt or a dress every Saturday to work in order to break up the boringness that wearing pants tends to create. The past couple of Saturday's have been great since I was able to do skirts without tights! I love using the fact that it is spring/summer time out as an excuse to wear bright colors and fun patterns. This skirt caught my eye the minute I walked into F21 and I needed to have it. I love it and this is the second time wearing it to work. Last time I wore it with a peach colored cardigan and a white tank top. This time it's paired with a coral sleeveless blouse also from Forever and a white cardigan from Old Navy that is in desperate need of being replaced. I paired the outfit with light brown flats from Target but I am in the market for something a lot brighter...like yellow or pink! (and sorry for the wrinkles, I took these once I got home and sitting doesn't help the look of a pencil skirt)
 This outfit below is from Friday. I was really excited about this one too. I did tan dress pants from Old Navy, the only dress pants I by that don't need a hem alteration and black flats from Payless that already come with the cushion insole in them...super helpful when I'm on my feet all day. The top half consists of a black tank from Forever, a black cardigan from Old Navy and the cheetah scarf from an online boutique. You'll see more and more from me that my basics usually come from the same places. Most of the tanks from Forever and most of my sweaters from Old Navy. It's easy to buy things that I know fit and feel comfy.
 I'm super excited about my new TOMS. I love everything about time company and they literally are the most comfortable shoes in the world. I wish it was possible to wear them everyday so my feet would never hurt again. We already know I love bright colors and flowers so these were a perfect purchase!! I can't wait to wear them!!!
 And here's me in exactly what I'm wearing now...this baseball tee has neon orange sleeves and was just $4 on sale at Old Navy...I had no choice but to buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment