Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Positive and The Negative

Now there are definitely positive and negatives to working any job, let alone working in retail. One of the biggest positive and negatives of the retail business is working weekends. While they are generally super busy and we do well, I miss out on a lot because all my other friends are in the real world with a normal Monday to Friday job. With that being said, I do really like my days off during the week so I can get lots of stuff done without all the crazies out on the road and in the stores. Now recently these days off during the week have just continued to be squashed by all this ridiculous snow. I literally went outside today to clean off my car just to breathe some fresh air. I am sick of the snow ruining my days off!!! (And I promise some day soon I will stop complaining about this fluffy white stuff) And here are the outfits....We all know that this is one of my favorite sweaters of like all time and if it wasn't noticeable that it was the same sweater I would wear it more often. James actually picked it for me last fall. Just a basic black t-shirt from Old Navy, jeans from F21 and the sweater from Marshall's/T.J.Maxx.  
I know that you guys have seen this before but I can't help but wear a sweater dress again and again during the colder months. I did change up the hair with my double french braid and a flower head band to make it a little more different than before. Sweater dress from T.J.Maxx and leggings from Target.
And here is the only outfit with a new piece. I bought this navy cotton blazer at Burlington Coat Factory right after Christmas because how can you not have one...right?!? It's paired with a navy tank from F21 and grey slacks from Kohl's.
I was really happy that this worked out because the first time I photographed this sweater in an outfit I just did not like it. This time is a different story. Tan striped pants from K&G and the rust colored sweater from the store.
This was a super chance outfit and it turned out to work....which was great because I didn't put it on until I got to work so there was really no back up. I have been working really hard this winter and cold weather season to practice my layering and I happen to be proud of myself. Black sweater and black lace skirt from F21 and purple gingham button up from work!

No comments:

Post a Comment