Sunday, January 5, 2014

The New Year Is Upon Us

The new year is upon us and I am beyond determined to catch up. It isn't fair to leave you guys months and like 500 something shots of outfits behind!! Yes I take a bunch and only pick a few I just want to share them so badly and the amount is just not shrinking!! I am still in October in terms of outfits but it will go quickly because these are almost the end! I really really really love this outfit. This is the first time in a long time I've tried a layered look and this is actually the first time using a crew neck sweater instead of a v-neck. It's definitely the more preppy way to go but I love it anyway. The cream sweater and tan skinnys are both from F21 and the denim shirt is from work..yes a men's shirt that was made to fit me :) and then of course I had to spruce up the outfit with my cheetah loafers from Pac Sun.
This was really just a quick and simple outfit that you can't mess up because all the colors are there and come together. The peach cardigan is from F21, the pink and peach flower tie tank is from Marshall's and the black pants are from Old Navy.
Oh I love this and am so happy I spent my bonus from work on a bunch of new sweaters for this year. This is a cute sweater dress I picked up T.J.Maxx. It is extremely fuzzy and warm and I wore it into NYC for my dad's birthday. We try and go every year for his birthday as a nice family thing since I don't live with him anymore so I don't see him as often as I would like. I paired it with black leggings from Target and my black suede boots from Payless.
Here's me and my daddy...I will always be a daddy's girl no matter how old I get. And here's me and James, literally one of the best pictures we have taken in a long time. Ladies and gents, meet my 2 favorite guys!
This is another one of those new sweaters purchased for the winter and this guys was super on clearance at Marshall's. And when I say super on clearance I mean there is no way a person should pay $5 for an adult sweater that looks this cute! The sweater is just paired with my newer brown pants from Kohl's.
 
This outfit truly started out as a disaster but turned into a half way decent effort. So that piece that happens to look like a shirt is actually a dress...well more like a tunic that should really only be worn with leggings in order to cover the whole butt. I tried it with tights, and that clearly wasn't going to work......so I had to do some serious improvising. I threw on that denim linen skirt over the dress so it was more work appropriate with this leopard print cardigan that I borrowed from my mom. The pieces are thrown together from pretty much everywhere: denim tunic F21, denim linen skirt Italy, leopard print cardigan mom's closet/Target, tan tights Old Navy and tan boots Steve Madden.

No comments:

Post a Comment