Thursday, January 9, 2014

All Hallows Eve

While the title of the post may be deceiving, it is not Halloween. Well not in the current present time but within the realm of Simply Just Me and Lauren's behindness...it's still the end of October. Which means work appropriate Halloween costumes and Holiday Parties! Here is the beginning of the many layered looks that are to follow with the insanely cold temperatures that we're having this winter. Kelly green cardigan and kelly green gingham button up are both from Old Navy. Kelly green belt from F21 and slate grey pants from Kohl's. And here is the view of the downstairs bathroom...literally my last option to take pictures before leaving the house.
In the realm of celebrating Halloween, my tbt was all about Halloween from senior year. These are all my wonderful friends from the weekend of Halloween! Makes me miss college incredibly....note to all those in college now please do not ever graduate! The real world is just a big stink compared to college life.
Now most people do not get away with wearing a costume to work but I made it work. While we do have a lot of creative freedom with what we wear to the store, I tried to keep the pieces as work appropriate as possible. And these happen to be all pieces that I have wore to work not in costume for besides the bandana headband. This is the denim shirt from work that was tailored to fit me :) and these are the red pants from T.J.Maxx. And my little "costume" was a hit.
This black pleated skirt from F21 means this is the another edition of skirt Saturday. This pale yellow shirt is also from F21 and this scarf was a gift from James' grandparents last Christmas. And we can clearly see that I tried my best to make my next day hair look acceptable.
This is a super cute new cardigan that I picked up at T.J.Maxx with my bonus money. I just love it because it has navy blue corduroy elbow patches! And it's just paired with jeans from F21and my grey TOMS. 
Here are just a few pictures from our work holiday party in Boston. It is really helpful that James and I work for the same company and even better we work in the same store. We bicker a bunch about stupid work things but I do get a chance to see him a lot more than I would if we didn't. I was planning on wearing a dress from my own closet and then James went and bought a purple suit! Yes that's right people, a purple suit. So I couldn't in my right mind wear a navy dress so I picked up this cute two-toned burgundy and black from Windsor.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment