Sunday, January 12, 2014

Cold Weather Funk

I am at a loss for a title? That doesn't seem to happen quite often but the flow of whit is just not streaming tonight. Maybe because I'm tired (and by tired, I mean exhausted) or maybe because I am in a cold weather funk..who knows! I terms of my logged pictures, still in last year, November to be exact, I was just gearing up for vacation so hopefully just blogging about it in a few posts will help defunk the funk! This is another one of those sweaters that I got with some of my bonus to amp up my need to some cold weather relief. The taupe cowl neck sweater dress is from T.J.Maxx paired with a black leggings from Target.
I really really love the simplicity of this outfit. Just basic black pants and a black and white stripe shirt that is given a fun pop with the neon pink trimming around the collar of the shirt. It is actually more of a sweater material so it definitely works for almost the whole year! Black pants from Old Navy and striped shirt from F21.

Now this has been a lovely and welcome new piece into my life! My brand new glasses! I love love love them more than my old ones. Everyone loves something new and this was the perfect little pick me up that I needed!
In lieu of breaking my new glasses, I have been doing a better job of layering for the colder season. I am actually glad that I've started doing this because I have soooo many clothes and layering creates sooo many more options. I wore this top during the summer with my coral chinos to bring out the shade of the polka dots but here I paired it with burnt orange and brown to tone it down a little. Brown pants from K&G, burnt orange boyfriend cardigan from Target and cream and orange dot shirt from Charlotte Rousse.  
I ordered this sweater from some random site online last fall and have only wore it a few times even though it is incredibly warm and cozy. I wore this sweater on a Saturday (skirt Saturday duhhh) with just a black skirt and tank from F21 and my cheetah pashmina from Kohl's. I went out to dinner with my mom after work and just threw on a pair of jeans from American Eagle. Sadly this was the last night they saw when the pocket seem decided to disconnect itself from the actual butt of the pants.
The best part about winter are definitely the casual outfits because I can wear as many scarves with the same shirt and no one would know any better...well now you all do but you know I think we can let this one slide. Here are just a pair of American Eagle jeans, black shirt from Old Navy and another one of those scarves from NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment