Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Double Feature Tuesday

So as I sit here thinking of witty words for all of you, I am forced to recount the events of today and how James and I successfully sat in a movie theater for 6 hours today. You definitely just read that right, I said 6 hours. James and I chose to spend our day off together enjoying the benefits of $5 Tuesday seeing The Hobbit and The Wolf on Wall Street back to back! So I am no recooping from eating a ridiculous amount of popcorn with some Netflix and some outfits! Oh how I am in love with plaid. And literally this is one of the only button ups that fits me really well. And James really likes it too so that always a plus. Plaid shirt from Old Navy and blue dress pants from Marshall's.
Now here I go again with the layering that I have finally realized is the key to being cute and warm during the blustery winter months. Here is my favorite purple plaid shirt that was so nicely tailored to me from work, along with my grey pants from Kohl's and this light grey cable knit sweater from H&M.
I feel like I keep bringing it up (actually I know I keep bringing it up) but my sweater stash has been less than sub par for many years and this was the perfect time to amp amp amp it up! This green one is again from T.J.Maxx, along with the taupe plaid pants that we know I love. This scarf was actually one of my first back like 6 or 7 years ago from Old Navy and I have just recently started to give it knew life!!
This was an outfit attempt that I still don't know if I'm completely pleased with. I tend to think that if I could wear jeans with every top the outfits would come out a whole lot better but that clearly isn't the type of job I have so I guess I just have to deal with it. In the meantime the outfit details include the tan pants and teal long sleeve shirt both from Old Navy and the new scarf was picked up in the last batch from NYC.
This was the last outfit before cruise day!! This is another one of my new sweater dresses on the crusade to amp up my winter woes. This guy is from T.J.Maxx of course, paired with black leggings and a grey fringe scarf that I got as a gift a few Christmases ago. The cool thing about the sweater...I'm going to call it a sweater from now on sinceeee it decided to shrink up in the wash/dryer :), even though it's cute either way....is that the body in cream, the arms are grey, and the back has buttons on the back, of course which are not functional. And I'm super excited for the next post because it's going to be all about the cruise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment