Friday, August 2, 2013

Just Sitting Here

Well good thing I didn't agree with all of you out there that I was going to blog everyday or as close to it as possible....oh wait, I did. I just have the hardest time coming home and opening my computer as the first thing or the last thing I do. But here are the rest of the outfits that have been just sitting on my computer waiting/wanting/dying to be seen! So we have seen this outfit before, the second outfit that I ever blogged back when I started. Since it took so many months off, I thought it was time to bust these pieces out of the drawers and closest again. And that's great that I said "bust" because I literally sat in the car to go to work and the zipper just popped right apart. Literally could not leave like that so went back inside and changed into a new pencil skirt outfit...good thing I have outfits out and planned or fall backs that I know will always go together.  So I kept the same tie front blouse from Tj's and instead of my cheetah pencil and navy cardigan from Target, I swapped it out for the blue and green pencil from Marshall's and the royal blue cardigan from the Gap. The outfit worked out it was just not what I was planning on wearing so I was a little disappointed.
So we all know that I have worn a skirt or dress every Saturday since the holiday season at work but this Saturday below I was anti everything having to do with store and was not happy about closing on a Saturday so I wore the most comfortable outfit that I could find and get away with. I threw this on right before walking out the door as well. This cardigan is the twin to the navy just in rust from Target with black leggings from there too! A fun scarf of course that has rust, teal and red in it and Steve Madden oxfords from Tj's completed my outfit!
This was a cute Monday outfit with my tan linen pants from F21 and a new coral shirt from Charlotte Rousse. It was on clearance for like $5 so I was definitely going to snatch it up and I'm hoping I'll be able to wearing it with my black maxi skirt at some point in the "in shape" future. And here is a special appearance from James's bathroom.
We have a special appearance by the dress I wore to graduation last year :). I love it and it's just a simple dress from Old Navy. I usually pair it with my electric yellow cardigan from there as well. A lot of times its just too much but I don't care. It's bright and I love it!
I love love love this outfit and I was happy it was super comfy. This flowy top was a product of a Christmas gift card from like 2 years ago. I got it at Rue 21 with a slight minor imperfection of a few jewels falling off but I fixed that with just a quick few stitches. And of course the same grey capri bottoms you guys have seen many times before. That it one of my goals for when the fall clothes start to come out.....I am in desperate need of some new work pants that I can add to the rotation.

 
 It was really hot this week so I did a few capris and flowy tops to keep me as cool as possible while outside and still appropriate enough for work. This top is new and was on clearance from Charlotte Rousse. By now you all must know that I love the mint/aqua trend and I don't think that I will ever stop. I paired it with the white JNY capris....again. Yes I know what you guys are thinking but there are only so many more days that I will be able to wear these so I've been trying for at least once a week for the rest of the summer.
 This time I actually participated in Skirt Saturday. I know, me, participating in my own event, something that I came up with myself! I have had this skirt since junior year of college and I have worn it in every capacity. Work, casual, and going out and it has been a success almost every time. I think this was one of the first pieces of clothing that I have ever bought from Marshall's/T.J.Maxx. And I have definitely gotten good use out of it! The white silk tank is from one of those stores as well and then I threw on my light grey cardigan from Old Navy.

I was super happy I got to go to one of the happiest places on Earth!! I went to Fenway to see a Red Sox vs Yankees games with my dad. It was such a good game but it was soooo long we left early and were pretty much all the way home by the time the game was over. We won but I wish we stayed! I wore my Lucky capris, a red sox t-shirt, a grey cardigan from Old Navy for when I got cold, my favorite green red sox hat and my red polka dot TOMS!
Although this outfit was planned and thought out, I didn't particularly like the execution as much as I thought I would. I have those super comfy chino capris on in black from Old Navy. So that part of the outfit was an A+. The tank top is about 4 years old and I got it from Charlotte Rousse....I think. I mean that it is kinda far back to remember, right?? The sweater is from F21 as well as the necklace. I just got that necklace and I have the same one in like a green/teal.

No comments:

Post a Comment