Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Vacation Recap!

I'm so sorry that I have been MIA for these past few weeks. I literally have stunk as a blogger!! But I haven't touched my computer since the post before Florida and I know all of you are just dying to hear about it and see pictures from my vacation! I was so happy that I was able to get away and so grateful my mom planned that little trip. My body on the other hand was no so thrilled after getting horribly sunburned the 2nd to last day we were there! That Saturday was quite windy and my body lost the fight between spray sunscreen and the wind. This was the best travel outfit because of the easy t-shirt, capris for the warmth, TOMS for easy shoes and the cute hat!! These are my Lucky Brand Jeans that I got at TJMaxx for a crazy discount!! The t-shirt is from high school, yes and it barely fits but I make it work. I also wore this fedora that I stole from James and a tan cardigan from F21 for the plane!
 Here is the view from right outside the back of our hotel! We were in such a good location that the beach was literally like right there! And all the bars and restaurants were within walking distance in pretty much every direction!
 This was the outfit for dinner on the first night. We were up so early for the flight that we took a 3 or 4 hour nap after sitting in the sun all day so we got ready super fast and with something that was easy to put together! This orange and white shirt is new from Old Navy and the shorts are from F21 from like 4 years ago. Who knew something white could last that long.
 This was the Friday nights look. This is my first time ever wearing a maxi dress...and I feel in love with it! But the picture on the right is what happened right after we finished getting ready. A horrible storm with flash floods for like 4 or 5 hours! So needless to say, Lauren stayed in and went to bed early!
Saturday night was a bit more successful it was just so incredibly painful for me to sit down. I was reading and laying on my stomach, mixed with the wind and stupid spray sunscreen the back of my body lost a battle that was so incredibly painful. Here's a picture of me from dinner! Yay for selfies...since this is what I sent boyfriend!! The other ones have a different hair style because my thick straight hair HATES humidity :(




Sunday night was pretty casual because we were leaving super on Monday. I spent the day laying under a cabana covered in towels because I was so burnt but I was a trooper and spent most of the day outside for my mom. I did the monochromatic thing with a pair of teal short and a mint colored tank both from Old Navy on the recent purchase before vacation.

This was the travel outfit for Monday. Same Lucky jeans and TOMS just a different shirt and cardigan both from Old Navy again. This time I was so lucky for the sweater, the airport and the plane were soooo cold!! 
All in all it was a great trip and I had a lot of fun!! I have soooo many outfit pictures from the past few weeks of work but plan on breaking up the posts so I don't overwhelm everyone and I don't tire myself out with all this typing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment