Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Triple Crown...

Well I guess the lump sum few pictures from several different days has been my thing this past week and I am not a fan. And I'm sorry to all you guys out there I definitely stink...I know I'm too hard on myself. Well as in the title of my post, even though I'm a week behind the horse races, the past 3 days have been skirts and dresses and I couldn't be happier. I was asked if that was how I actually dressed in my downtime and that's pretty true. I mean I definitely love wear shorts and cute shirts all summer long but dresses save the day when you literally can just pull them over your head! So on Friday I was granted with a day off. It was my grandma's birthday and my whole family was able together for dinner to surprise her. She loved it and it gave me a reason to break out this new dress. This is like my new favorite piece from Old Navy. Clearly a black dress is one of the best casual pieces a girl can have in her closet and I'm so happy I grabbed this. Even though it was full price I saw it once and had to go back and buy it. To jazz up the outfit a little bit I used my new stretchy orange belt from F21, my favorite gold link chain necklace from there as well and these new Madden Girl orange and yellow snake skin sandals c/o Marshall's. I threw on my black cardigan from Old Navy later when it got a little chilly out. 


Saturday of course dawned the 4th edition of skirt Saturday...my favorite day of the week. Most of my outfit consisted of new pieces. I love this skirt and I am having such good luck lately finding pencil skirts on sale at TJMaxx/Marshall's. I love this pattern because I can do easily be completed with so many of my cardigans. This white shirt is the same as that aqua and white striped one that I wore a few weeks ago. This one is from Old Navy and less shiny/more cottony but was incredibly comfortable. The green cardigan was my completely piece/shield from the a/c at work (not pictured) is also from Old Navy and I've had it for several years and needs to be replaced this year so I will be on the look out but it's just so hard during the summer months. And of course my grey Steve Madden flats from TJ's pop back into my outfit life.


Today's outfit is by far one of my favorite outfits of all times. This skirt was the first thing I ever bought at J. Crew and it was on the clearance rack and that was back about 2 years ago I think. This grey flower tank top is from Gilly Hicks..."the cheeky cousin of Hollister". This was one of the many stores that I shopped in back in high school and freshman year of college. I love this tank and have worn it soooooo many times that I can't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon. I love this turquoise color and am so happy that I found this as a replacement that was as close as possible again from Old Navy.

And Happy Mommy's Day to my mom!!! I also have the best mom in the world. And happy mommy's day to all my favorite moms out there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment