Monday, May 27, 2013

Same Old...Not So Same Old

Well I just took a lovely week off from writing for all of you. It's extremely unfair to you all but I needed a break from everything in my life that didn't involve sleep and work. Last week was crazy with the amount of tuxedos that we had coming in and out of the door that I literally spent the week working and laying in bed/sleeping with just a few exceptions. This means that I have a weeks worth of outfit pictures that have been clogging up my phone that I can't wait to share with you guys!! So Tuesday's outfit is this lime green super soft camp shirt is a product of my birthday purchase and is from Old Navy. It's practically the same one I wore on my birthday to go shopping but I thought I could get away with a back to back showing. It's paired with my favorite white Jones New York dress capris c/o TJMaxx and my favorite pair of floral TOMS which you can't see, unfortunately. I tried to pull off the colored flower headband but felt a little too Rosie the Riveter so switched to the silver headband for just a basic look.

Wednesday's outfit was super fun. I felt very Mad Men like without wearing a dress. These dress capris are from high school and I'm pretty sure are from Kohl's. Meaning they are about 7 or 8 years old and I'm proud to say they still fit and will become super functional during the summer months this year! This shirt looks new of course and is super cute! And it's not even mine! One of my co-coworkers and I are trading tops so that we can share the abundance of clothes that we have that just sick sad in the closets and drawers. And this outfit made me look "grown-up", I feel special!
Thursday's outfit had to be super comfortable because it was going to be the busiest day of the week and all I was going to be doing was running around the store...and around and around and around. Literally from the moment I walked in to til the end of the night. I love this teal cotton shirt with the silver embellishment from Gap. It's super soft and easy to wear making it perfect for the busy day. I threw it with my light grey slacks from Old Navy. I threw on my black blazer once I got to work to make the look a little bit more professional and to keep me a little warm since the air conditioner was blaring.
Friday was my other day off this week which means a causal outfit! Everyone yay with me!! I literally didn't do anything all day which made it easy to get ready for my extended birthday week. I had dinner with my dad and stepmom at this cute Italian place. I originally intended to wear a dress but it was freezing and raining out. Spring/summer decided to run away for the weekend and now this weekend it's going to be 90. I just don't get it. But this is my favorite outfit of the week, seriously if I could wear this everyday I would loveeeeee it. This tank/cap sleeve shirt (new of course from Marshall's) is cream with little pink and green flowers :) super girly if you ask me and I'm all for that. It looks awesome with this peach cardigan and dark jeans from F21 and my tan booties from TJMaxx.
So Saturday dawns another addition of the skirt Saturday! Work and skirt Saturday was also followed by another birthday dinner with one of my good friends from school! We went to one of our favorite burger places and it was needed desperately. It was still so cold out so I resorted to my traditional black long sleeve crew neck from Old Navy that I have in like 6 colors and stripes. They are the most comfortable pieces of clothing I own and they're my favorite part about fall. I paired it with the same jeans from Friday night dinner and my new scarf from Old Navy. A: It was only like $4 and B: It is grey, striped, mint and polka dotted! I put my work outfit back on just to take a few pictures...yes I know very crazy of me but I loved it. My new tan pencil skirt on clearance from Marshall's, new cheetah print tank top from F21 and black cardigan from Old Navy made for a perfect outfit....just only if it was warmer!

 We were open today but for a shorter day because of the holiday. I thought I'd go a little festive with some blue and white to celebrate some America in there. I didn't want to go to literal and explode with red, white and blue so I toned it down a little. Another pencil skirt from Marshall's on clearance again, a white tank with pleats and gold buttons from there as well and this fun navy and mint printed cardigan from Target out together a great outfit. I seriously have had the best luck in the world there with skirts and want to buy every one I can find! This necklace is a new one too, from Katie for my birthday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment