Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Award Goes To...

I'm sitting here watching the Oscars like most other people out there just dying to be as beautiful as possible in all these wonderful downs and decked out head to toe in jewels and diamonds...while I have a sweatshirt and leggings on. No doubt in my mind that I am a million times more comfortable than all of Hollywood's finest, but they certainly peak a sense of desire to attend a ball of some sort. My outfits are no where near red carpet ready but they are perfect my for my life so here are the nominees of the week....(that's pretty cute right!?)
If there was an award for most dressed in one store that would definitely go to me...here is what it looks like if walked into Target and came out in an outfit! Well for the basic pieces of the outfit as in the two-toned polka dot pleated dress and burnt orange cardigan.
And I promise I didn't do this on purpose but here is another nominee for that same category but for the role of Old Navy. We have seen my wearing this dress so many time since I purchased it over the summer, never in the same way making it one of the most versatile semi-dressy pieces that I have in my closet. I know that I've worn it with this mint cardigan before but this time I added the accents in the mint/teal family! I wore this special outfit to a bridal show I attended for work which was super fun!!!
While this turned into an overall successful outfit but was more effort than it was worth! I'm pretty sure that I changed ummmm 4 times before I left the house. Doesn't sound like a huge deal to many of you but I am so focused on picking out my outfits a head of time that this was a huge bump in the road. Blue pants and a scarf were in the original mix but this turned out so much better than I thought it would. I actually was able to use this really cool ladder necklace my mom gave me for Christmas as some inspiration. I paired together brown pants from Kohl's and my mustard cardigan from H&M to get that color from the necklace.
I did try my hand at the layering this year and here is just another example. I pulled the small pink lines in the purple argyle sweater from Old Navy with a pink striped button down shirt from F21 and paired them with my favorite grey pants from Kohl's.
I love love love this outfit and was happy to switch up the look that I was kind of stuck in on my skirt Saturdays. Kelly green pencil skirt from Marshall's and this cream and green striped sweater from Target. This sweater is new and picked it up the last time I was at Target for literally $5! UMMMMMMM how could I not go home with a deal like that, rightttt?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment